Our work at Our Lady of Peace encompassed a list of things some churches only wish about.
It was brought to our attention that the church desired to move the organ from its original chamber to what would be newly constructed chambers on either side of the balcony, at the opposite end of the sanctuary. Through many exchanges of ideas the project came about with exciting speed.
Ultimately this is what transpired: We moved the organ to two newly-constructed chambers on both sides of the balcony, one level above the height of the choir's seating. The new chambers received two new grille cloth assemblies, one facing the balcony and one facing the sanctuary. The new Swell chamber also received another swell shade frame and electric action. Since the organ is now divided along the width of the balcony, another reservoir was added on the opposite side of the blower, under the Great, to help provide stable wind. All windlines are located under the floor to allow the maximum amount of room in the chamber.
Since we were completely re-engineering the organ it was the perfect time to add ranks to the organ. First, we moved the 16' Trompette unit from the Swell to the Great. We added a 4' Octave, a 2-2/3' Twelfth, and a 2' Super Octave, all of which are 61 pipes, to the Great. In the Pedal we added an 8' Principal of 44 pipes and two electronic extensions, a 16' Principal (1-12) and a 32' Untersatz (1-12). In the Swell, we added an 8' celeste of 49 pipes, an 8' Clarinet of 61 pipes, and a 3 rank mixture of 183 pipes. The organ doubled in size from 9 ranks to 18 ranks and it now has 1,189 pipes.
The console received an expanded Z-bracket to accommodate the increase in stop controls. The relay was split and augmented as well.